Premium Compost and Biochar Blend – Bulk
A purely organic mix of OMRI listed compost, mycorrhizal fungi, and Wakefield Premium Biochar combined to provide an instant punch of life to your soil and plantings. The primary objective of the Wakefield HERO biochar blend is giving your soil back the ingredients it needs for a healthy ecosystem of microorganisms and vital nutrients. Organic turf management options can be successful for your landscaping projects. By using biochar, the soil’s health is allowed to stand the test of time by giving the good bacteria, microorganisms and water a place to stay. No chemicals needed. This combination of nutrients and Wakefield Premium Biochar is perfect for your turf to grow.
This biochar and compost blend is great for:
- Reclaiming farmland that has lost its organic potency
- Seeding a new lawn – especially with new construction
- Golf course turf
- Sports turf fields – i.e. softball, baseball, soccer, football
- Rooftop gardens
- Commercial planting in pots
- Anywhere you need a healthy improvement in your soil!
- Find more ideas on how to use biochar.
IMPORTANT FREIGHT COST INFORMATION: This item is a larger bulk item that requires freight shipping services. If you complete your order through this website a Wakefield representative will contact you to confirm all shipping requirements. The actual shipping rate may vary pending confirmation of delivery location and special delivery requirements. A Wakefield representative will contact you if additional fees are required before shipping.
Contact a Wakefield representative for more detail.
A typical trailer load is 26 pallets with each pallet containing one supersack of Wakefield HERO biochar blend.
What Is In The Wakefield HERO Biochar Blend
- Organic OMRI Listed screened compost
- 20% by volume of Wakefield Premium Biochar made for agriculture – USDA Certified Biobased Product
- Mycorrhizal fungi
- Not included: seeds, sun and water
For topical application use a compost or manure spreader to cover 400 sq/ft per cubic foot. A cubic foot of mix weighs ~30lbs.
Or, to mix into existing soil consider apply up to 1/2″ of HERO biochar blend into the top 4″ of top soil.