Why purchase a 1 pound bag of Wakefield Premium Biochar Soil Conditioner?
A one pound bag is very useful for flower boxes and small garden areas. Mix biochar to a 5-10% mix of the plantable soil you are conditioning. The added Wakefield Premium Biochar will support greater water retention, increased microbial activity, better nitrogen absorption and it will continue to improve your soil year after year. More gardeners are using biochar every year as they see a decreased need for other fertilizers to maintain a healthy soil for all of their plantings.
A 1 lb bag of biochar is ~2 quarts in volume. It can also be very successful in lawncare where you have patches that need new seed or attention because of unhealthy soil.
Need a bigger size bag?
Find other sizes of biochar soil conditioners.
Wakefield Premium Biochar Soil Conditioner is approved by the USDA as Certified Biobased Product.
Consider using a bag in any of these projects:
- Any kind of potted plant can use biochar.
- Flower beds and bushes around the house
- Patching the lawn that needs reseeding
- Are you interested in micro-brewing and grow your own hops? Biochar has been very successful in increasing the yield in hops plants.
- New tree seedlings and smaller trees being replanted benefit from a biochar rich soil to support strong root growth.
- Do you compost? Great, add biochar to your compost pile to speed up the composting process and reduce odors.
- FYI… Not that this has anything to do with plants but you can also use about 2 cups of biochar in your cat litter and it will take away most all of the odor.
How does Wakefield Premium Biochar make a difference?
Biochar is manufactured to specifically support soil health. Wakefield Premium Biochar uses organic material (pine wood in this product) and converts it to almost a pure carbon material that has no chemicals and no synthetic additives. This is an organic solution to soil health that works! When biochar is created it has an amazing amount of pores to retain water which improves its drought tolerance. Biochar has some special characteristics that allow it to also hold on to nitrogen that would’ve been released into the air. And, the micro-organisms and bacteria in the soil start to feed on this additional water and nitrogen and good stuff to thrive in this environment. The overall ecosystem is what every plant needs for a healthy root system.
And, here’s the legal stuff…
Disclaimer and Limited Liability
This product is intended only as a consumer product and not a commercial growing medium. No warranty or representation is made, expressed or implied, concerning the results to be obtained from the use of this product if not used in accordance with directions or established safe practices. The exclusive remedy of the user or buyer, and the limit of liability of Wakefield Agricultural Carbon LLC or its affiliates, for any losses, damages or injuries resulting from the use or handling of this product shall be the refund of the purchase price of the product.