Premium Soil Mix – Available in Bulk
A purely organic mix of OMRI certified compost and Wakefield Premium Biochar combined to provide an instant punch of life to your soil and plantings. The primary objective of the Wakefield Premium Soil Mix with Premium Biochar is giving your soil back the ingredients it needs for a healthy ecosystem of microorganisms and vital nutrients. Organic turf management options can be successful for your landscaping projects. By using biochar, the soil’s health is allowed to stand the test of time by giving the good bacteria, microorganisms and water a place to stay. No chemicals needed. This combination of nutrients and Wakefield Premium Biochar is perfect for your turf to grow.
This soil mix is great for:
- Reclaiming farmland that has lost its organic potency
- Seeding a new lawn – especially with new construction
- Golf course turf
- Sports turf fields – i.e. softball, baseball, soccer, football,
- Rooftop gardens
- Commercial planting in pots
- Anywhere you need a healthy improvement in your soil!
- Find more ideas on how to use biochar.
Only available in bulk quantities.
Wakefield Biochar offers price discounts on FTL orders. Contact a Wakefield representative for more detail.
A typical trailer load is 26 pallets with each pallet containing one supersack of Premium Soil Mix.
What Is In The Premium Soil Mix
- Organic OMRI Certified screened compost
- Wakefield Premium Biochar made for agriculture – USDA Certified Biobased Product
- Sand – for drainage and additional aeration
- Not included: seeds, sun and water
For topical application use a compost or manure spreader to cover 400 sq/ft per cubic foot of soil mix. A cubic foot of mix weighs ~35lbs.
Or, to mix into existing soil consider apply up to 1/2″ of Premium Soil Mix with Biochar into the top 4″ of top soil.